My post is a little later than normal today as I am joining Altenew to celebrate their 5th anniversary as part of their blog hop you should have come to me from the awesome Laurie Willison but if you missed the first part of the hop, head to the blog hop main page at Altenew and start again as you can win prizes by leaving comments too including a gift certificate to spend in our store!
Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 5 lucky winners and one Altenew Academy class to 10 lucky winners. There are also 14 awesome companies/crafty friends who are celebrating with us, and they are offering the following prizes:
- Altenew: 5 $50 Altenew Gift Certificates
- Altenew Academy: 10 Class Spots
- Jennifer McGuire Ink: 2 $100 Altenew Gift Certificates
- My Sweet Petunia: 1 Prize Bundle(Original MISTI, a set of Creative Corners, a Cut-Align and a bar magnet)
- Pretty Pink Posh: 2 $50 Gift Certificates
- Simon Says Stamp: $50 Gift Certificate
- Scrapbook.com: $50 Gift Certificate
- Ellen Hutson LLC: $30 Gift Certificate
- Blitsy: $30 Gift Certificate
- Online Card Classes: 3 Class Spots
- Butterfly Reflections Ink: $25 Gift Certificate
- Seven Hills Crafts: £25 Gift Certificate
- Chameleon Art Products: 1 Pack of 5 Chameleon Pens
- Scrapbook & Cards Today: 1 Copy of Scrapbook & Cards Today Spring 2019 Issue
- WOW! Embossing Powder: $20 Gift Certificate
- Simply Cards & Papercraft: 1 Copy of Simply Cards & Papercraft Spring 2019 Issue
Be sure to leave comments by 12th April 2019 for a chance to win! 33 winners will be chosen at random from the comments left on any of the blogs on the hop and will be announced on the Altenew Blog on 20th April 2019.
So, now for my projects - I decided to go floral for a change as Altenew do so many beautiful floral sets.
For my first card I used the fabulous Nature Snippets set and the first time I stamped out all the circles I noticed that if you arranged them in a specific order, you could line up the "branches" so it looks as though each circle is a snapshot taken along one continuous branch. I stamped them using inks from the newly released colour sets (Lapis Lazuli, Golden Sunset and Spring Bouquet) and used a black fine liner to add some dotted details to the bloom centres.
The sentiment comes from Shades of Friendship and I used that also to create a fun accent panel down the side of my DL card. I inked a strip of white with the yellow I'd used in the flowers and then used the green to stamp the hexagon patterns randomly and overlapping, sometimes as second generation, to get a grungy feel.
For my second card I wanted to do some marker colouring so selected a gorgeous big bloom from an older set - Engagement Wishes and set about colouring it with markers from the Set D and Set E which I just love.
The darker leaf behind the bloom is taken from the Hibiscus Garden 3D die set and was cut from dark green card and then part embossed with Rose Gold Embossing Powder to provide some highlights and to tie it into the colours in the bloom centre which were also highlighted with glitter.
For the sentiment I used the Simply Hello Die and stacked a couple in white for dimension before colouring ombre style using the same markers I coloured the bloom with again to tie the project together.
I hope you've found something to inspire your creativity and are now ready to hop on to Gayarti Murali who will have more fabulousness awaiting you.
You can find everyone taking part in the hop by following the links below:
Happy Hopping and Happy Anniversary to Altenew!