Saturday 16 January 2016

HelloHowAreYou?

Hello crafty friends! Julia here today, and I am so happy to be back here on the Seven Hills Crafts blog. I am tickled pink by our blog and store website, and I hope you are having fun exploring all the new features and getting your shopping done.

As to my card, I wanted to create something fun and bright for the occasion, and I went a bit crazy with all things Mama Elephant today.


I started out by placing my  front panel on my Letterpress which I love to use as a stamp positioner, and stamping my sentiment with a variety of pigment inks. By using different yet complimentary shades of ink I was able to stamp the letters right next to each other and still keep it legible.


After I was done stamping, I used the Landscape Trio die set to create the stitched border and cut the little extra clouds (from the scraps of the panel, I might add, I hate to waste paper).   I mounted the little clouds with  foam tape to the panel and tucked in some sequins for additional sparkle.


I colored the little critters from the Cosmic Stars set with Polychromos pencils and had my Scan 'n Cut machine fussy cut them because I don't have the matching dies, then tucked them underneath the cloud border and added a few highlights in gold with a gold mister.


Thanks  for stopping by today! I hope you got inspired and check out the new store website!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team