Sunday 18 September 2016

Playful Pun

I do like a pun, and this weekend I needed a card for my uncle's 80th Birthday and I thought of a fun way to make a card to "spell out" his age that you could apply to other ages too....


I used the new Tea Party Die-namics set from MFT to create the tea elements and stacked them to match the height of their large number 8 from the Decor and More range which I just love for big in your face milestone birthday cards.

I decorated them using the new Lined Up Dots Background stamp and embossing it in white before inking ombre style using just Blue Yonder ink for a kind of a nod to delft pottery.  For the little tea bag, I used the tea bag die in the tea party set and cut it twice from vellum.  I used a thin line of glue around the bottom and sides to create a little bag and once dry I added some real tea from an actual tea bag before sealing the top and adding some twine for string.  Using real tea adds an extra bit of fun and a talking point for the recipient.





NEWS FROM THE STORE

It will be slightly quieter this week but we will have the following in store this week:
  • Lawn Fawn restocks
  • Some restocks and a few new items from Hero Arts
  • Stamping Bella's Christmas release

That's all for today - I'll see you on Tuesday!

Tara


4 comments:

  1. I love the humour in this! Using real tea was a great idea, and it's nice to see an idea for how to use background stamps on elements of a card. Happy birthday to your uncle - hope he has a fab day! Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're always so inventive! I love the idea of real tea in the tea bag and I honestly thought it was patterned paper :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card and I love the little teabag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! I love the use of real tea - lovely touch! The background stamping came out really great too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team