Monday 30 October 2017

Winter Woolies

Hi there, Jenny here on this chilly Monday morning and I have just the right theme on my card today...


When it comes to winter birthdays you can sometimes stretch your Christmas stash 
which I have done here using Wplus9's Holiday Cheer stamp set. 

I started by planning out on scrap paper which order I'd like to stamp my tumbling hat and glove border in, 
then used masks to stamp out the design on the edge of a card blank... leaving a small gap from the edge
 so I could trim around them to make a decorative edge 


I used the solid images in the set and Pigment inks to add colour and I love how some are
 not quite lined up correctly... that touch of white adds to the design I think :)

This is a one layer card but you could easily stamp a few extra to pop up on foam pads or add dimension to the 
hats and gloves with embellishments instead. I added a strip of black card to the inside edge which
 highlights the decorative edge when the card is closed.

 
 
  


Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team