Friday 18 November 2016

Soak up the fun in a sea of vellum.

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week, I'm making a splash in a sea of vellum...


...using My Favourite Thing's 'Soak Up The Fun'.


I started with an idea to create a circle aperture of coloured vellum waves with these cute sea critters swimming in amongst them, but when I was looking through my circle dies, I came across this absolute beaut, 'Hoop Die', form Neat and Tangled that I hadn't used in a while, and thought it would add a nice little twist on the scene, so opted for that.


I started by cutting a panel using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Rectangles, then cutting the hoop die from it.  I then cut the hoop die again to build the frame up, and in-laid it back in.  I cut strips of vellum using Mama Elephant's Landscape Trio cloud die upside down to create waves and coloured using alcohol markers.  I then adhered these to the back of my hoop aperture, creating pretty layers.  I stamped out my critters, coloured using Copics, fussy-cut, and adhered in place, bobbing about on the ocean!


My sentiment is from the same Soak up the Fun set, and is stamped out onto the banner from Avery Elle's Woodland Wonders set, and fussy-cut.  To add a little more interest to my background, I stamped out a load of the little bubbles that come in the set, and filled them with Glossy Accents.


I then mounted my finished panel onto a cream card blank, and there you have it.

I really hope you like it, as always, everything I used is linked below.

See you next week.

Jillx

Soak Up The FunHoop Die Image 1Woodland Wonders


Landscape Trio Creative Cuts Image 1Small Stitched Rectangle Lawn Cuts Image 1

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea Jill! I love those vellum waves with the sea creatures "swimming" among them. So creative! Adding the hoop is a lovely touch and frames it all so nicely. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love everything about this card! Such a clever use of those dies, really cute stamps and the bubbles are a touch of genius!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team