Friday 9 December 2016

Resisting Christmas is futile!

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I'm sending Merry Christmas wishes via a pretty winter sky using the emboss resist technique...


...and Mama Elephant's 'Merry Christmas Wishes'.


There's nothing I love more than a huge, massive sentiment stamp; and there's nothing more I love to do with a huge, massive sentiment stamp than emboss it and cover it in a beautiful, pretty, inky watercolour wash!  So I couldn't wait to get my hands on this stamp and do just that!
My idea was to create a little winter scene using Lawn Fawn's Little Town and Grassy border dies, then have the sentiment stamped into a lovely wintry sky.


I started by cutting a panel from a piece of watercolour card, then cutting the Little Town and Grassy Borders from it.  I took the top piece and stamped this gorgeous 'Merry Christmas' from Merry Christmas Wishes  onto it, and clear heat embossed.  I then added a few little stars from Mama Elephant's Rock and Paws around the sentiment to add interest to the sky, clear heat embossing those also.  I then went to town with a wash of pinks, purples, and blues to create that dreamy romantic winter sky ideal.


I washed my grassy piece in greens and kept my little town white, adding a piece of card behind, that had been washed in yellow to create little lights glowing out across the winter evening.  I then in-laid all my pieces back together.
I added scattering of coordinating sequins to add a little sparkle, matted my panel onto a piece of navy blue cardstock, then mounted the whole thing onto a white card blank.


I really hope you like it, as always, everything I used is linked below.

See you next week.

Jillx

Merry Christmas Wishes  Little Town Border Lawn Cuts
Grassy Border Die Image 1Rock and Paws

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful, Jill! I love the pretty sky, and I really want that Merry Christmas sentiment stamp! Gorgeous design, and so many fab details on the card that I keep noticing... the little stars, the sequins, the lighted windows... love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team