Monday 6 February 2017

Rainbow Thanks

Hi there and happy Monday to you :)

I have a simple one layer card for you today that's quite easy to 
make multiples of and uses a single stamp set. After our sons birthday bash I needed to make a batch of thank you cards so I pulled out the Paper Smooches Many Thanks stamp set and selected  a number of the different phrases and some inks in a rainbow palette ....


I tried stamping out the various sentiments on scrap paper first but it just wasn't working so I thought it would be easier to roughly cut them out and arrange them that way... this is what I came up with..


Before starting the stamping I drew a diagonal line in pencil across my card as a guide so I would have a reference point to keep me on the straight and level ;) Then it was just a case of inking and stamping..... to make a batch of cards it is easier and quicker to use a stamping tool but still totally possible without. To finish the card it just needed that strip of black card which has been liberally covered with a Black Wink of Stella brush pen for a touch of shimmer.

This design could be used for any occasion, not just thanks. Simply pull out some 
sentiments and phrases to suit your theme, the more different the fonts and sizes 
the better, and arrange them into a pattern.


Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Jenny, how much patience do you have?! The end result is great and VERY well laid out so it was worth it! Super design :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea, loving all the colours and thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to stretch our stamps! And with the new tool from Tonic/Tim Holtz, which I will definitily buy when it is in your shop,I can make many of those Cards.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team