Tuesday 4 July 2017

Shake those Jelly Beans!

Happy Tuesday!

Today I'm sharing some jelly bean birthday cards. I just love their funny faces!
 

I used the companion shaker die set with the Lawn Fawn How You Bean? stamp set to make some shaker cards. I've been making multiples of my cards recently as, once everything is out on the table, it doesn't take much more time to make another card or two.


To start, I stamped loads of the jelly beans and coloured them in with alcohol markers, in a rainbow of different colours. I also stamped some of the jars, lids, and labels. I stamped a face on each jelly bean too.

I used the shaker die set to cut out the jars, plus a layer of foam tape and backing panel for each. I adhered a group of jelly beans to each of the back panels, then added some loose jelly beans before sealing the shakers.
 

I chose some coloured card bases and die cut a rounded stitched frame rectangle for each. From some Lawn Fawn patterned papers, I die cut panels to go at the bottom edge, using scalloped and basic edge die cuts. I also ran these through my die cutting machine with the rounded frame so they would line up properly on the card panel.


Once these were adhered down, I added the shaker jar, some extra jelly beans falling down and the lid, leaving plenty of room for a sentiment.

Not wanting to cover those pretty papers too much, I decided vellum banners would be perfect. I stamped three banner from the Lawn Fawn Bannertastic stamp set with Versamark ink, then heat embossed them in white. I added some heat embossed sentiments, then die cut them with the coordinating dies. 



Vellum can be tricky to attach to a card, but some strong liquid glue strategically added behind the heat embossed areas works well.
 

I hope you like these fun shaker cards and the cheeky jelly beans!

Thanks for joining me today. As always, links to products used are below. 

Gemma

Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Paper Pack



MFT Rounded Rectangle Frames
Lawn Fawn Bannertastic



MFT Stitched Scallop Edges
MFT Stitched Basic Edges

Hero Arts White Embossing Powder









3 comments:

  1. So, so cute! Those jelly beans are adorable and I love how you created the shaker component. The vellum sentiments work perfectly on top of the plaid paper. Gorgeous makes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun and such a great idea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love These cute guys in the bottle and the vibrant colouring :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team