Sunday 30 July 2017

Thelma and Louise

Now the new Stamping Bella release is on our store I couldn't wait to ink up my favourite stamp from the entire release - Thelma and Louise is one of my favourite films and I have all the uptown girls so this set was screaming me, me, me!


This may look like a complex card but it really wasn't difficult to do.  It is all coloured just with pencils and blending solution.   I stamped the image first onto white card, coloured it whilst watching TV (took about 20 minutes) and then fussy cut it out (there is a matching die if you aren't a fan of scissors but for the "look" of my card I didn't want the white border).

For the scene (yes I know they can't be driving the car like that, it's the bit where they pick up Brad Pitt so they're doing a quick photo before he drives them on!) I just googled an image of a "US highway sunset" and adapted it to fit the perspective of the car.  Its just a case of drawing a light horizon line and then two straight lines wide enough to fit the car at the bottom left, getting closer together at top right.  A wobbly line for the mountains with a gap for the sun and away you go.  I used shades of blue pink and purple for the sunset sky, ochres for the sand and browns for the mountains. Blending stumps dipped in blending solution break down the pencils so you get a nice smooth finish - I find them easier to create backgrounds with than alcohol markers personally but you could use those or ink and blending pads too or even cut scraps of card to build up your scene - whatever floats your boat.   I scribbled a few cacti shapes in the foreground as they were on my inspiration photo.  Glue on the car and add the sentiment to finish.

If you want to have a go at creating a scene but aren't confident of sketching your own, then stamping bella have brought out a few background scene designs in this release - you can find the whole release here 
 

NEWS FROM THE STORE

Lil' Inker Designs have a brand new release on 1st August which we have just received so will have it in store for release day.

We've had lots of enquiries about Lawn Fawn's new release - although they have shown images of it all, it will not be released until 24th August so cannot be purchased yet.  WE DO NOT DO PRE-ORDERS - we only ever sell stock we have physically available to ship immediately.   We ordered as soon as it was released to stores a couple of weeks ago so we will have it for release day (barring customs clearance issues)

Altenew - we have two orders pending with Altenew.  We ordered restocks a month ago but sadly they shipped using the wrong method and without completing any customs paperwork.  As a result it has been sitting in customs for almost 3 weeks and we are having to jump through a ridiculous number of hoops to prove it is a legitimate import.  I still have NO IDEA when (or if) it will be cleared - there is a slim chance it could be returned to the USA if they don't accept our paperwork now.

Our order for their new release has now shipped, using the correct method, so hopefully we will get that by the end of the week.

We will also have our BRAND NEW TO THE UK  brand in store this week so I can finally reveal that is is FLORA AND FAUNA which I know will please a lot of you!  For those of you who haven't heard of them - take a peak at their instagram feed to see all the goodness coming your way - here's a little peek at some of it.....


Catch you next week

Tara

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun card and so cleverly put together x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your road trip card! Thanks for the update too, as I'm patiently waiting for the new Altenew ink cubes and stamps :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team