Monday 27 November 2017

Birds of a Feather...

..... stick together, and they certainly are on my card today!! Brrrrr

Good Morning, Jenny here and I have pulled out a couple of small Lawn Fawn stamp sets for today's project. I figured that on a cold winters night these little birds and cozy owl would snuggle up for some warmth.....


I started by stamping the branch in 'marker friendly' brown ink and then used simple masking to add the birds and owls along the branch. I just had to colour the little birds as robins and I kept their wintry accessories to two different colours. To give the branch some extra dimension I used a alcohol marker in a dark brown for shading underneath.


I then tried something I haven't done before..... I coloured the sky with markers too! Scary stuff as it does look a bit of a mess when you start but if you stick with it it works out and creating an ombre style helps you to blend out any patchiness 😉 I used a white gel pen to add snow dots and settled snow ..Brrrr!!

I cut the image with a stitched tag and added black twine, which I treated with some Multi Matte Medium so I could stiffen it up and make a neat bow, and then mounted it over a couple of card strips. 
The sentiment is from a lovely set by Winnie and Walter called Sentimental Winter. I love the mix of fonts and the way you can mix and match phrases within the set :)


I always think it's handy to have cards like this in your stash for those friends and family members that, due to personal circumstances, you don't necessarily want to send a 'Happy' or 'Merry' Christmas card too.


                

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

4 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team