Saturday 7 December 2019

Merry Christmas

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Do you have a favourite colour scheme for Christmas? Or for other occassions? I have to say I love untraditional colour combos for Christmas but I really love kraft, brown, creme and red! Is that already a traditional one? Or just red and green! I used these so often for Christmas cards in the last years that for me it goes as a traditional combo. And I used it on today's card featuring cute animals from Lawn Fawn's Critters in the Arctic.


I started by stamping the moose and the snowbunny. I chose these two critters because I already had the colour scheme in mind. For the colouring I went with alcohol markers. This is the medium I colour the quickest. To cut out the images there are coordinating dies available.

For the background it was a bit hard to pick a colour from the combo! I decided to use a creme cardstock. But it looked quite plain. Then I got the idea of a monochrome snowflake background. I die cut Lawn Fawn's Stitched Snowflakes from the same cardstock. I glued the snowflakes down with some liquid adhesive and die cut Lil'Inkers Designs' Stitched Mats: Rounded Rectangles from that piece of paper.
With the same die I die cut some scraps of white paper and cut out some snowy hills by hand. I matted the panel with a piece of red cardstock to bring in a little more red.


For the sentiment I found one that went with my design in Avery Elle Merriest. I love sentiments that I can mix and match especially when they combine cursive and block letters. The Merry I stamped and heat embossed in white on a scrap of red cardstock and the Christmas on a piece of kraft cardstock.

All there was left to do was to assemble the card.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni


         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team