Saturday 24 February 2018

Hello Birthday Girl

Hey stampers, Anni here!

It's VERY cold right now over here in Germany! I can't wait to spring to begin but the weather forecast isn't very promising: -10 centigrade amd snow coming.
So I had to include some spring feeling into my card. For this Mama Elephant's Botanic Hello is perfect. Love all these flowers and the sentiment comes along!



I stamped the image with an embossing ink onto a piece of watercolour cardstock and heat embossed it in white because I knew I wanted to use my ZIG Clean Colour Real Brush Pens. You know I have this thing with flowers and watercolours. And the ZIGs are so easy to use.

I always colour one petal at a time, leave it to dry working on another petal and coming back to the former petal to add another layer. I start at the area I want to be the darkest and then work my way up to the lighter areas. The letters I lfet white. When the whole piece was dry I added some shadows with a coloured pencils.


After I finished the colouring I started the fussy cutting. And I really fussy cut everything, not only the outer edge but also the tiny spaces in between the flowers, leaves and letters. I wasn't that bad because I find that the embossing makes the fussy cutting easier.

Then I adhered the image to a matching cardbase with dimensional adhesive and added some gems.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.


   

1 comment:

  1. This is stunning! Your water colour blooms are just beautiful.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team