Wednesday 28 February 2018

Bee Thankful, Just Bee-cause!

It's a bee-autiful day today, even if it's just below freezing! My project today features the cute MFT Meant to Bee stamp set.



I started out with some blending cardstock, stamping out multiples of everything but the sentiments in the set with some MFT Black Licorice Hybrid Ink and used my alcohol markers to colour them in. I then cut them out as I don't have the coordinating dies.

I wanted some colour in the background of my card to make the bright bees and hives stand out so I blended on some Distress Oxide Ink in Broken China onto a top-folding A6 card base. For added interest, I then layered some more ink using the Hero Arts Honeycomb stencil. Once dry, I layered on the die cuts directly to the card base.

I die cut the smallest banner from the Lawn Fawn Extra Sentiment Banners set and clear heat embossed one of the sentiments from the stamp set. Next, I die cut the Lawn Fawn Scripty Thanks from some black card stock. I layered the sentiments together underneath the hive and covered the 'thanks' with some Glossy Accents.



This makes for a bright, bold, happy thank you card that any beekeeper would be grateful to receive, I'm sure!

Thanks for reading, have a buzzing day!

Tallie

  


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team