Friday 22 June 2018

Trying Turnabouts!

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I’m trying those wonderful Turnabout Stamps from Concord and 9th for the first time...


I’ve loved the look of these Turnabout sets since they were first released, but I have been trying with all my heart to be a good girl and use more of the stash I have, however, I simply could not resist this star pattern.



The stamp itself is in two parts so you can use the inner, the outer, or both.  There’s a load of Youtube videos to help you out on how to use them so definitely check them out before you get started.  
There are so many options with these stamps the possibilities are endless.  I decided to go with a night sky with white embossed stars which is possibly a wee waste of the thought process behind these stamps I guess haha, but hey-ho, I had fun!

I started by inking a piece of card up in an ombre burst of purples, I then covered my panel in stars using both pieces of my Stars Turnabout stamp.  I decided to only do two opposite turns to leave plenty of space for die-cutting stars also.  I then white heat embossed my stars.  Had I had more time to play I would’ve liked to have done a different embossing powder with each turn.  I think that would look incredible, and I’m already so excited to have a really good experiment with this set! 

I then took the Star Turnabout die and cut that on the two opposing sides to my stamping.  I then cut a bigger star from the centre of my panel using Lawn Fawn’s Puffy Stars.

My sentiment is from Mama Elephant’s Space Bears set and is stamped onto vellum then adhered behind my star aperture.

          



I then added my whole panel over top of some sparkly silver cardstock to allow the stars to twinkle through.  I added a ton of pink & blue paint splashes across my card and embellished with a scattering of sequins.

I thoroughly enjoyed having a quick play with this set, and really can’t wait to get to grips with it and start testing its potential.

As always, everything I used is down below.

See you next week.

Jillx

Star TurnaboutStar Turnabout Die

Puffy Star Stackables Dies Image 1   Space Bears Stamp




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team