Saturday 5 October 2019

First Christmas Card of the Year!

Hello stampers, Anni here!

Now it starts! I did it! I made my first Christmas card for this year! I love to make Christmas cards so it's a good time that starts now. Actually I am a bit late! Usually I start in September or make Christmas cards the whole year round - I know, strange!

For this premiere I put together new and older Lawn Fawn sets: I combined Ho-Ho-Holidays from the latest release with the older set Cheery Christmas. They mix and match perfectly.



I started by stamping all the images I wanted to use and coloured them with Distress reinkers. To cut the images out there are coodinating dies available: here and here.

For the background I used inks in a lighter and a darker turquoise, dark blue and black. I concentrated the lighter inks to the middle of the panel and added just a tiny bit of black to the edges. Then I mixed white gouache with a little bit of water and spritzed it on the panel. That could be snow or stars, just as you like.

For the snowy hills I die cut Lawn Fawn's Stitched Hillside Borders from white cardstock. To the edges I added some pale turquoise ink.


When I arranged the scene I felt there where some trees missing. I found some in Lawn Fawn's Winter Village set.
All that the card needed to be finished was a sentiment. I love the new font in Lawn Fawn's Offset Sayings: Christmas. I stamped the Merry Christmas with Versamark ink and heat embossed it in white on red cardstock.

When do you start making Christmas cards? Do you like to make them?

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni


         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team