Saturday 19 October 2019

Whimsical Winter

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Today I have another Christmas card for you! I wanted to use the super cute set Whimsical Winter by Mama Elephant. I wasn't quite sure which images to use on my card and I was in the mood to colour. So I stamped them all on alcohol marker friendly paper and coloured them with alcohol markers. I started with the bigger animals and decided to go with different shades of brown. At that point it was clear that I could not use all the critter on one card so I went with the deer, the owl and the bunny. With all the brown I needed a little bit of real colour so I added in a little bit of red.



For the critters to stand on I die cut some snowy hills from white cardstock using My Favorite Things' Scenic Safari dies - they work for snowy hills just as good as for a Safari Scenes. I adhered them to a aqua panel - because, of course, more colour.


I found just the right sentiment in one of my favourite Christmas sentiment sets from last year - and I guess it will be one of this year as well: Lawn Fawn's Reveal Wheel Holiday Sentiments. I just love the font and the size of the sentiments. I heat embossed the sentiment in white on a strip of kraft cardstock.

When I assembled the card I had the feeling that the sky needed something more. So I added dots with a white gel pen. And that finished up the card.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni




      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team