Monday 23 April 2018

Bring on the Big Gifts

Hello and happy Monday to you, Jenny here, and this week I have two birthday 
cards to share with you...


These two ladies come bearing large birthday gifts and they are from a Newtons Nook set called Holding Happiness
What a fun set!! and great for simple birthday cards.

I stamped out two of the images on smooth Bristol cardstock and used Distress inks to watercolour them. 
Matching dies are available but I used scissors to trim around them..


I've used the Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge frames on both cards, making a simple 
inlaid central frame for this lady with a cake... nice that she has colour coordinated her outfit with her gift :)
The stamp set comes with some great sentiments but, as usual, I like to rummage through my stash to see what other phrases I could use.... I thought this was a good one from MFT's Piece of Cake.


For the second colour coordinated party guest I used the Big Hugs die from Neat and Tangled and just trimmed away the unwanted letters. The rest of the sentiment is from MFT's Gift Card Greetings stamp set..... sometimes just swapping out words in a phrase for die cut letters or a different font, can jazz up a simple sentiment and bring it into the overall design ;)


   

Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a good week :)
Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team