Thursday 12 April 2018

Everything is S'More Fun With You

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Thursday!

Although I have a great love of all things modern, there's definitely a part of me that loves the traditional. That doesn't necessarily mean outdated notions as such, more that I have an appreciation for classics and for traditions themselves.

A great example of that is the campfire tradition of making S'mores. Although this American tradition hasn't really made its way over the pond I can definitely see the appeal of toasting marshmallows, tucking into these gooey treats and singing campfire songs!

Seeing as I can't quite enact the same tradition here, I figured that the Neat & Tangled S'more Fun stamp set would provide a suitable cardmaking substitute:


I am head over heels for the cuteness here!


I stamped all the cute images and coloured them with Copics before fussy cutting them out very carefully! I adhered them with dimensional glue gel for some custom dimension for each one!


I wanted the sentiment to look like a S'more itself! So I heat embossed the centre word with white embossing powder towards the centre and off-white embossing powder on the edges. I then blended some Distress Ink over the word to bring it out from the card base. The two layers of the word sandwich also received the S'mores treatment, with part of the top sentiment being stamped in a darker brown to mimic the chocolate layer!

I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team