Thursday 19 April 2018

Thanks For Sticking By Me Mega Succulent Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Thursday!

I have to admit, I was late to the whole succulent thing. I sat and watched as my feed and my friends' houses slowly filled with these mini cacti-like things. I really didn't get it.

Since visiting Phoenix last year though, I think I've slowly started to love them. So much so that I finally got some little succulents of my own for my home. And now I want more.

My love of cardmaking and my new-found love of tiny cacti came together beautifully on today's card, which combines some goodies from Altenew's Mega Succulent stamp set and Concord & 9th's Stuck On You stamp set:


Fun right? I love how this turned out!


I started by stamping and heat embossing the mega succulent onto watercolour paper using sparkly copper embossing powder. Love that sparkle!


I watercoloured my design using some water-based dye inks. I used a couple of greens and a mauve-pink. A combination of water and ink splatters really adds a more of a rustic effect.


The sentiment is from the Concord & 9th set. I heat embossed it with metallic copper embossing powder (no glitter this time) so that it is easier to read but still ties in with the other embossed colour perfectly!

I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!






1 comment:

  1. Love the loose look of this and the effect with the copper embossing powder. I've used a silver pearl powder but I'm going to try with the copper - I like how it gives the hint of red to the edges...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team