Saturday 21 April 2018

White on White

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Today's card is a bit shy in front of the camera - too much white on white - which is hard to take a photo off as we all know.

A friend of mine ask me to make a card for her son's thirtieth birthday. She told me he likes to ride a bike.


I started by making the background. Using Avery Elle's Postage Stamp Die I die cut a rectangle with a frame. Newton's Nook's Cloudy Sky stencil is one of my favourite for backgrounds. I used it with white embossing paste on the inner piece of my die cut.

While that one dried I die cut a few bikes with My Favorite Things' Bicycle and stacked them up. I also die cut My Favorite Things' Heart-Shaped Ballon from several pieces of scraps of cardstock.

On the balloons I stamped "30" using Lawn Fawn's to make the card more special. I tied the balloons with black thread to the bike to make it look like as they were dragged by the bike.


All that was left to do was to heat emboss the Happy Birthday (I chose one of the sentiments of Winnie & Walter's Sentimental Birthday) onto a stripe of black cardstock and assemble the card.

Do you make cards for friends if they ask you to? Do you like to have free hand or do you try to incooporate something about the person?

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni

               

1 comment:

  1. Amazing card Anni, love the balloons tied to the bike. Perfect for the recipient I think. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team