Thursday 11 April 2019

Pigs in Rain

Is anyone else saying that really slowly as if the last word was space.....

Today I am sharing a quick card I made after getting the fabulous new MFT release this week - I could not resist those new little piggies!


I stamped two of the pigs from Piggy Pebbles by Stacey Yakula onto vanilla malt card and coloured with pencils and blending solution before cutting them out with the co-ordinating dies.   I really like pencils on off white card, it gives a softer finish somehow.

To turn it into a fun card I paired them with a die from last month's release - the Rainy Circle Die and cut it from Adriatic card - I was going to have a different colour outside but decided I liked the die cut shape as it was for a more CAS design so just poked out the rain drops to allow them to show up well and left the circle in place and just added the puddle from the stamp centre and "coloured" it with glossy accents.    I added raindrop shaped glossy drops onto the umbrella too.


I wanted to make it into a sassy birthday card so I turned to the Sassy Pants Birthday Greetings set for the sentiment and split one sentiment on top and bottom of the card. 

Hope you like the happy pigs as much as I do - they really  make me want to go and play in puddles!

Tara







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team