Saturday 15 April 2017

Happy

Hey stampers, Anna here, with a very happy card.
You never know what it really is that makes one die your favorite die, don't you! For me at the moment I can't stay away from Lawn Fawn's Scripty Happy die.
So I decided to make it the star of my card.


I started by die cutting the word a few times from watercolour cardstock. Then I adhered the die cuts in diagonal lines to a piece of the same watercolor cardstock. When the glue was dry I added some of my new inks to the paper. I chose violet, turquoise and blue. At first I thought I made this card for my nephew who's turning twenty in a few weeks but I think the violet is not the right color for a young man.
I spritzed a little bit of water onto the panel to achieve these bleached spots. I also added some splashes of white ink and some shimmer spray.


For the focal point I decided to go with the happy die again. I die cut it again a few times from black cardstock and stacked it up for a little bit of dimension. To make it stand out a little bit more I set it on a vellum heart (I used Lawn Fawn's Stitched Heart Stackables). I stamped Birthday on a piece of cardstock, embossed it in white, added the same violet ink I used for the background and cut it into a banner!


To finish up the card I added some star sequins.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Easter!
Anni


Lawn Fawn - Stitched Heart Stackables Lawn Cuts
Lawn Fawn - Scripty Happy

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Loving the effect of the repeated sentiment in the background. I don't think the violet would be a problem for a man :) Fab card Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely, i'm soooo going to give this a go! Agree with Esther, think the violet is just fine for a man. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowser Anna - this really is stunning! Clever little sausage to use the die so beautifully.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ho-lee smokes! This is spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team