Wednesday 5 April 2017

Make a wish watercoloured card with silhouette die cuts


Hi everyone, it's Esther here with a watercoloured card inspired by Spring!



I started by watercolouring a panel with three Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens (041 Light Green, 051 Lemon Yellow, 027 Dark Pink), splashing it with water and mopping off for a bleach effect, then splattering over with three slightly darker shades (047 May Green, 050 Yellow, 082 Purple).

While the panel dried, I die cut a leaf spray from Altenew Botanical Garden, once in black and once in white, and layered these up for a shadow effect. 

When the panel was dry, I splattered black acrylic paint over it and then die cut it with a stitched rectangle from My Favorite Things Blueprints 29. I added the leaf sprays to the panel and stamped a sentiment from Mama Elephant Make a Wish.

Finally, I mounted the panel onto a black panel underneath, then onto a white card base slightly wider than the top layers.

Thanks for stopping by!
      

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team