Wednesday 12 April 2017

Vintage card with Altenew Beautiful Day


Hi everyone, it's Esther here with a vintage card using the lovely peony stamp from Altenew Beautiful Day.

I've seen this stamp set used in so many beautiful ways - bright colours, pastels, watercoloured, stamped, coloured pencils - that I knew it was really versatile. But I wanted to do something a bit different and create a vintage card with the feel of an aged bookplate or illustration.


I stamped a background layer using the leaf spray in a pale outline ink and two shades of infill ink. It was die cut into a stitched rectangle using My Favorite Things Blueprints 29, and a negative sentiment strip was cut away using My Favorite Things Stitched Rectangle Word Windows Dienamics.


I then stamped the peony and two of the leaf sprays onto watercolour card stock and used vintage colours of pink, brown and green ink to stamp them. The main colour of the peony is a faded pink which I smoothed out with a watercolour brush, but the other layers were stamped "as is" and left a bit mottled on purpose for a more aged effect.


A computer generated sentiment reads "Fig 1. Paeonia" as a vintage-style label for the peony's Latin name, and was aged with ink and light ink splatters. This was glued to the card base, with the panel, peony and leaves layered on top.

Thanks so much for visiting!

    

4 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team