Monday 17 April 2017

Super Duper Birthday

Hi there and happy Monday to you :)

I have a comic book style card for you this morning using Mama Elephants Tiny Heroes....


The little super girl looks like she could be holding a balloon which are always good for birthday cards so that's what I went with... I left the balloon plain so I could add a number or extra message if needed :)

I stamped and coloured the girl with alcohol markers and trimmed her out although dies are available if you prefer. To make the background I used the largest starburst from Paper Smooches Bam Bubble dies to make a stencil with scrap paper and inked through the negative space with Distress Ink. To get the half tone look I used the Scattered Surface background to stamp through the stencil in blue ink.

To create the drop shadow effect I placed the die cut piece over the inked shape but moved it slightly in one direction and replaced the negative stencil piece back over the card too, I then added a small amount of dark ink to the exposed card being careful not to move the stencils... I hope that made sense:)


The die cut clouds are inked around the edges and partly stamped using the scattered background too... the sentiment is made using a Super Duper from the Tiny Heroes set and words from other sets in my stash... it's fun to mix n' match your own sentiments :)

What if you need a tiny flying Hero of the male variety I hear you say.... well that's no problem, just a little creative stamping and small amount of pen work and you can have a Super Boy too.... 


Simply do not ink the pony tail and parting detail in the hair and turn her dress into shorts and you have a trainee superman .... and you can still use the die, just trim away the extra card where the ponytail should be :)

                                       
                                       

Thank you for stopping by :)
Jenny x

4 comments:

  1. Soooo clever Jenny! Loving this fun super girl and your creative tip for making a super boy! The starburst background is awesome. Fab card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great ideas for a fun card here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great cartoony card! I love the drop shadow and the half tone dots!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team