Sunday 16 April 2017

Squidgy Fun

I've been playing with the new Stamping Bella's this weekend.  I love all of them but a couple of the sguidgies really spoke to me.....

Firstly - my all time favourite musical is Calamity Jane - it's one of those movies that if I flick up the channels and find it, I can't not watch it!  So the first stamp I HAD to play with was the Cowgirl with her Calamity quote.


I wanted to put her at home in the black hills of Dakota so I drew a simple little scene for her.  I stamped her onto the cardstock and sketched out a simple mountain line on some post-it tape so I could cut it out - I cut it down the middle and kept both parts.   I covered the hill side first and used Altenew's Warm and Cozy ink cubes,which are the perfect shades of orange for a sunset, to do a little ink blending.

I allowed that to dry and then used the opposite bit of the post-it to mask off the sky and used Altenew's Rock Collection to create the background hills.  The foreground was just a freehand scribble coloured with a dark grey copic.

I then stamped the cowgirl on some copic colouring card, coloured her with copics and in this instance fussy cut her out but you could use the die for speed if you prefer, but I wanted the rope on my background so fussy cutting and lining it up was the easy option for this project.   The sentiment that comes with the set finished off the card.

My other "must have" stamp was grumpy squidgy, I swear Emily the owner of Stamping Bella has a webcam on me on a Monday morning!  That is so my Monday morning face (well any morning really I am not a morning person!)  I wanted to have a little fun with her so made her into a key ring.


I stamped her onto the shiny side of some shrink plastic using stazon ink and coloured her on the rear with copics before trimming around her (you can used dies with shrink plastic - a metal adapter helps and it takes a couple of runs through the machine but it does work) and cutting out the centre of the top part of the bow to hang her from.  A quick blast of the heat gun and hey presto - your very own grumpy squidgy to carry around with  you.  I used the largest stamp to start off with but she ends up about half the size of the smaller stamp when shrunk - super cute!   You could make a set of different ones and add them to wine glass charm findings so your friends all know which is their drink.



NEWS FROM THE STORE

We'll have a few new items in store this week as soon as customs re-open and clear our deliveries - bank holidays always slow things down:

  • Some restocks and a few new items from Tonic Studios
  • Restocks and the new double-dies from Altenew
  • The new release from Concord & 9th
  • The new release from Sugar Pea Designs has been ordered but we are still waiting for them to ship it - we hope they will do that this week so we'll have it next week.

Enjoy the rest of your long weekend.

Happy Easter

Tara





4 comments:

  1. Puuuuure silk! I bet her mother spun 'em.... My favourite musical too! Love these. Grumpy squidgy is on my list! It's my kids when I ask them to do something..... Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen Calamity Jane, but will make the effort to seek it out now! Love the card and the fab quote, and your freehand cacti/ground are brilliant! What a great idea to make a keyring too. Her grumpy expression is so funny :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute!!! I love it Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! I'm so not a morning person either!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team