Saturday 28 July 2018

Happy Birthday, Woof!

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Yesterday it was the birthday of a crafty friend of mine. Cards for crafty friends are always special and very important because you know the card goes to someone who appreciate it.
That's why I wanted to make a card especially for her and not take one from my stash.


She really loves dogs so I went through my stamps looking for a dog stamp. There were more than one (of course) but I thought Mama Elephant's The Dog's Woof would be a good choice. But I wanted to use it in a different way then using the image as a whole. The idea was to create circle windows forthe dogs to peek through.


So I started by creating the front panel. I cut three circles from the cardstock as windows.
I stamped the image twice and circled the areas I wanted to use using the circle windows as my guide. For the colouring I used alcohol markers. When I fifnished the colouring I fussy cut the parts I needed.

Then I created a background using ink blending. I chose shades of blue and turqoise. I didn't create an ombre effect but added splotches here and there and blended them into eachother.


For the sentiment I decided to go with a simple Happy Birthday I found in Mama Elephant's Woodland Gifts. I die cut a banner from My Favorite Things' Stitched Sentiment Strips and heat embossed the sentiment in white.

Thanks for stopping by and have crafty weekend.
Anni




      

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I absolutely adore the dogs woof stamp, nice to see different ways to use it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team