All I've done to create the water is to take 3 shades of mousse - aquamarine, pacific teal and seaspray green - and added a tiny blob of each on the left of my card in a line going from lightest to darkest, and then using an old credit card, I've simply dragged the colour across using a waving motion to get some movement. Because this is a mousse product and not so liquid as a paint, you get more time to manipulate it so I actually turned the credit card around so the darker colour was at the top and did a second gentle wave over the top to create more movement in my water.
To create the waterfall that's making the movement in the water, I used the Rainbow Panel Die from Waffle Flower Crafts and removed the "inner bits" so that I could colour them with the left over paste whilst preserving the white edges. I trimmed off the cloud shape and used the lines left behind as my lines to follow for the "spray" made by the waterfall and used tonic crystal drops in first in simply white and then white blizzard for a glittery effect over the top.
You can see in this close up how easy you get layers of colour by just two simple passes of the credit card through the paste and how the colours all mingle on the waterfall parts.
I added the"cheers" cat also from Waffle Flower as my focal point colouring him with copics and die cutting with the co-ordinating die. I used the sentiment from the same set paired with one from the new Stamping Bella Oddball's range. I didn't want the word "alcohol" from that set, just the bottom two lines. Stamping Bella are cling rubber, so unlike with clear stamps, its harder to cut them apart as I normally do when I need sentiment surgery, but there is an easy trick with real rubber too. Simply cover the word you don't want with washi tape BEFORE inking, ink over the top, remove the washi and stamp away minus the bits you don't need.
I've got some more things planned with mousses - and it we can get it working, I will try and video it and will show the techniques I used today too. Watch this space.
NEWS FROM THE STORE
Customs issues notwithstanding - we should have the following deliveries this week:
- The new release from MFT is on order, but is behind a day due to the 4th July celebrations, so it may not be here for release on Wednesday morning. Please also note that the "signature range" of sentiments peeked on the blog is NOT available to retailers and is exclusive to their website so will not be coming to SHC.
- The AlteNew JUNE release should hopefully be here on Tuesday. We had no end of issues with it and despite a lot of back and forth between us, DHL, customs and AlteNew, it was unfortunately denied exit from the USA by customs and returned to sender. AlteNew reshipped it on Friday and we hope it will clear tomorrow and be delivered on Tuesday - keep everything crossed.
- Our Lawn Fawn restock order is also now in transit and due Tuesday as well.
- Reverse Confetti is in transit and should be here by mid-week
- Our Neat and Tangled delivery is also on it's way - eta not confirmed.
- We have the AlteNew stencil release ordered and it will ship with their next stamp and die release in a week or so.
- We have ordered the latest release from Concord and 9th - it will ship sometime this week and will likely arrive late this week or early the week after.
- Newton's Nook also have a super fun new release coming up and we have that on pre-order so it will be here ahead of release date so we can release it when they do later this month.
- We have restocks from Ranger on order along with Alcohol Lift Ink. No eta on arrival as yet.
- We have the new Hero Arts kit add-ons on order - due later this month but no date is ever confirmed, we only know we'll get it 24 hours before it shows up.