Thursday 12 July 2018

Savannah Sunset

Hello hello, Jenny here and I'm filling in for Taheera this week and taking you to Africa with a warm evening scene and glowing sunset....


I've used Distress inks in shades of yellow, orange and pink to blend the warm sunset after first applying a circle mask to make a bright setting sun. The grassland is made using a torn paper mask with black soot distress ink sponged beneath it. When the inky scene was all dry, I set about stamping out my safari scene using Hero Arts Wild About You. I love both the Hero Arts safari sets, with lots of animals in different poses and sizes to choose from.


I decided to stamp the sentiment on a strip of white card and add the rhino and a strip of grassland to the banner as well..... I think it adds to the perspective of the scene. I cut around the rhino with a craft knife but kept the rest of the lines straight. Can you just feel the warmth from that sun??

 

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team