I used AlteNew's Bold Alphabet die to die cut "hello" from the patterned piece and also a few little stars. These simple elements on a black card make a really bold statement. If you use the negative space of your die cut to help align the letters then the pattern moves seamlessly across the gaps.
I still had a strip of pattern wide enough to fill a 6x4 card so decided to do a reverse of the first card cutting the letters from black and using the pattern as a background. I added a cute heart from Waffle Flower crafts and the word "lovely" spelt out using the Birdie Brown Alphabet and Numbers stamp set - great to spell out words you can't find stamps for especially if you have other birdie brown stamp sets as then the fonts match!
That's all I had time for this weekend as we've been stuck in the hot attic building ikea furniture!
NEWS FROM THE STORE
- Our AlteNew shipment is still stuck in customs. I will try again to speak to them tomorrow to get it moving.
- We have had a very large delivery from Tonic - we'll get it online as soon as we can this week.
- We have a restock order coming from SugarPea Designs with the items that were on back-order this month.
- We have a large restock order from Lawn Fawn on order - awaiting a shipment date but it tends to take them 2-3 weeks to process orders.
- We have the latest release from Neat and Tangled on order and hope to have it shortly after release.
- As it's the first week of the month we'll have lots of new items to order as the brands release details to us mostly during the first week of every month.