Tuesday 19 March 2019

21 Again?! An Elephant Never Forgets (Your Age) Birthday Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Tuesday!

Hands up everyone who sometimes wishes they were a bit younger! Keep those hands up if you sometimes have your age described as '21 again' or some other youthful age.

I knew it wasn't just me. *wink*

We may try and wish ourselves younger at times, but I don't think we should forget our actual ages. They are celebrations of our years around the sun after all!

It would appear that elephants agree with the notion of never forgetting, or certainly the one in the SugarPea Designs Elephant Parade stamp set at least! Here's here with me today to celebrate 'one of those' birthdays:


So cute! I love how this turned out!


I started by watercolouring my base to give a 'ground' for my scene. I then stamped all my elements and watercoloured them. I used the numbers and heart balloon (and the 'Again') sentiment from the SugarPea Designs Balloon Numbers stamp set to help build my scene. I love the little rabbit getting in the punchline with his balloon!


After all my watercolouring was done I used some Nuvo Glitter and Jewel Drops to add some dimension to my balloons and ball. The colours I used are out of stock I think, but there's plenty of others to choose from! Now if only I had the patience to let them dry!


I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team