Wednesday 27 March 2019

A Family of Dragons

Hello, Tallie here.

My card today is inspired by those fun-loving dragons from a rocky town called Berk! I love these cute little dragons from the Mama Elephant sets Me and My Dragon and Dragon Wishes.



I stamped this family of dragons out with some MFT Extreme Black Ink onto some blending cardstock. I actually only used 8 markers from the cool greys - probably the least amount of markers I have used in a while! Some dot detail helped to add some texture details for scales.  There are coordinating dies available.



For the background scene, I coloured three panels with Distress Inks. I used Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron for the grass, Rusty Hinge and Walnut Stain for the hills and Broken China and Mermaid Lagoon for the sky. I wasn't too smooth with my blending as it helps to give texture to the scene. I used two different dies to cut out the panels - Lawn Fawn Grassy Border and Mama Elephant Kingdom Trio. I stacked these onto a white top-folding A6 card panel.


I stamped out the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment from the MFT Essential Sentiments onto the front grassy panel before popping up the dragons on some foam tape. I arranged the scene so Mum and Dad are in the air with the kiddies scattered around.

A few sequins in the sky and some gel pen detail to the dragons finished off this card!

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team