Friday 4 March 2016

A little bit of magic.

Hi everybody,

Jill here and today I've got a little bit of magic for you...



...using Avery Elle's Pure Magic.


This is a new set from Avery Elle's latest release and is so adorable, it is also like nothing I already have which is just, well, magical :) !  It's great when a set comes out and it is something completely original, always a must-have for my stash!  
I started by stamping out the little rabbit in the hat using Versafine ink and clear heat embossing, I then used masking fluid to mask off the whole image to allow me to create a background wash using various Distress Inks.  Once completely dry, I removed the masking fluid and water coloured the sweet image, again, using Distress Ink. 


My sentiment is made up of a few different bits and pieces - the 'Wishing you a' is from Mama Elephant's Happy Everything set and stamped out and heat embossed in silver sparkle, the 'magic' is from the same main gorgeous Avery Elle Pure Magic set and is stamped out onto vellum and heat embossed in black sparkle powder, and the 'birthday' is cut using Mama Elephant's Birthday Script Creative Cut die, cut from funky foam, smooshed in Versamark and covered in Silver Sparkle powder and heat embossed, knowing this would shrink the funky foam creating a smaller cuter word embellishment


After building up and adhering into place all the different bits of my sentiment, I gave my bunny a  snazzy little silver sparkle bow by stamping, and fussy cutting it from a piece of card I had embossed.  I added a scattering of tiny stars and hearts to create that little 'poof' of magic,  mounted the whole piece onto black card, onto a card base, and that was that.

I really hope you like it, as always, everything I used is linked below, and I shall look forward to seeing you all next week.

Jillx

Pure MagicBirthday Script Creative Cut Image 1  Happy Everything Image 1

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Such a little cute image! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful card! I hadn't really given this stamp a second thought when I saw it in the shop but you've changed my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always forget about shrinking foam with a heatgun... great tip and such a cute card :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team