Tuesday 15 March 2016

Tied up with Colour !

Hi! I decided to pare it right back and just use stamps and ink.
You know, those good old days before we had Copics, patterned papers galore, watercolours, embossing paste and the rest.
Well, I was sorting through my stash and noticed this fabulous set- which, you might be forgiven for not noticing amongst all the other loveliness in store; it's a hidden gem!
Equally lovely is the fact it's on Special Offer...
So, you might know that I like to promote the small stamps, the underdogs of the sets. Well, this tie is utterly brilliant for messing around with. Here's the first one...a patterned creation
                                 
You perhaps are wondering if it was a hassle cutting out the ties? Not at all- it's a nice simple shape and cut out really quickly. I actually lined the shapes within the inch squares on my craft mat and then transferred the pattern using some sticky transfer tape that I use with my electronic cutter (saves trying to line it up again!).
For the inks- I've mostly used the My Favorite Things dye ink which is my latest fave.
I'm picky about inks- they need to do 2 things; have great even coverage and dry the same tone as it is on the outside of the pad. I'm not a big fan of colours that dry much lighter than they stamp either.
These pads tick both boxes and are lovely colours!
You can see how they interlink- they remind me a little of chicken drumsticks!
I had some left over, so made this quick card too
If you added more and more layers of ties, it would make a cracking flower! This set is obviously great for upcoming Father's Day (in the UK) and also for male Birthdays.
Hope you check out this set and do try out the MFT inks.
Better go and clear up the ties that are all over my craft desk!
See you next week,


2 comments:

  1. The DT is so talented, these are such brilliant ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The DT is so talented, these are such brilliant ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team