Thursday 17 March 2016

No-Line Watercolour Flowers



Hi there and happy Thursday!

Today I have a really pretty card using Altenew 'Wild Hibiscus' and some no-line watercolouring. I love the end effect as it makes the image look completely different from the stamped image.



Firstly I stamped three of the flower and leave images down the right hand edge of a piece of watercolour card using a dark pink distress ink for the flowers and a dark blue for the leaves. I started on the flowers- I covered the petals with clean fresh water, this will soften the stamped lines and start the blending. I then dropped in the pink ink toward the base of the flower, this will blend out on it's own because of the water already added to the petals. For a little added depth I added in some of the dark blue where I thought the shadows would be deepest. For the centre of the flowers I waited until it was dry then added in some black and blue distress ink.



I did the leaves in the same way but first softening the lines using clean clear water, then dropping in the same blue ink to the base of the leaf. To add in some darker shadows I used the black distress ink.

To finish the card I added a sentiment from the same set, some black thread, clear sequins and some washi tape down the right edge on the card blank.



Thank you so much for stopping by, I really hope you liked my card.

Hugs Lydia x


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous vibrant colours, stand out card and great technique x Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! These flowers are gorgeous. What a beautiful effect you got with your watercolouring.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team