Sunday 13 March 2016

Flowers and Bunnies

I have a couple of projects to share today.   Firstly a really quick make using the adorable new Bunny Hugger Die & Stamp set from Lil' Inker Designs.   These dies are perfect for quick little gifts for Easter (or anytime really) but you do need to pick the right size gifts to pop into his hugging arms.


You can see with the cream egg for scale, that you need a fairly small egg.  I found some Lindt "bugs" which are flat backed "half eggs" and they are the perfect fit. Fun size bars would fit too if you want to do non-Easter gifting.

If you want to be more generous you can double them up like I did!  The individually wrapped eggs in bags are a great fit - I got 8 caramel eggs for £1 so ideal classroom gifts for kids too.


I just stuck two bunnies back to back and then they kinda stand up too.   You could even use them as place card holders on your Easter table and wedge a place name card between his ears ;-)

For my second project today I have a watercoloured floral card that I made for my best friends birthday using the stunning new Floral Frame set from Avery Elle.  From the very first peek I got at this set I could see the decoupage possibilities and had lots of fun putting this together.


I stamped the frame twice in versamark on watercolour paper and embossed with Hero Arts White Satin Pearl powder before colouring using Gansei Tambi paints.  I stamped the individual flowers that come with the frame set and embossed and coloured them to match before fussy cutting (the dies would do it for you but I wanted a tighter finish with no white outlines) and layering them up using pinflair gel as my glue for real dimension.  I love to colour like this - the embossing means that anyone can watercolour - just drop in the colour and the embossing holds it all in place for you!  I scattered around a few dots of perfect pearls to hint at more buds.

For my sentiment I combined a Mama Elephant friend word die cut with a sentiment from Reverse Confetti's Lots to Say stamp set.  I set it off on a pink base card for added impact from Avery Elle's Sugar Rush collection.


Catch you next week

Tara



NEWS FROM THE STORE

  • We had Altenew restocks this weekend.   We won't get the new release for a few weeks as a certain shopping channel gets exclusivity these days but we will buy it just as soon as we can!
  • This week we will have the new releases from Reverse Confetti, Mama Elephant and Newton's Nook and fingers crossed the Neat and Tangled release but that may slip into the week after.
  • We are waiting on the latest release plus restocks of Stamping Bella to ship and we will also be getting the dies to match the new release :-)
  • We also have an order waiting to ship for restocks plus some new items from Art Impressions and foil restocks (including some new colours) from Thermoweb but that will be a couple of weeks yet.
  • We will also soon be stocking Ranger, starting very small with the newly released Distress Crayon packs although we are on a wait list for them right now!

2 comments:

  1. I love your floral frame card! I bought this stamp set from you, but haven't used it yet, so I must give this a go. I placed an order with you last night, but there's so much more coming in that I "need" - I may as well just hand you all my money now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect little bunny! Good news from the store too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team