Sunday 6 March 2016

Happy Mother's Day

I hope all the mother's out there are currently tucked up in bed waiting on their burnt toast to be delivered ;-)   Have a great relaxing day before you're back to the grind tomorrow.

I thought an assortment of floral cards would be the best to share on Mothering Sunday and I've had a play with some of the newly arrived Hero Arts products to make them.

Firstly, I made a final actual mother's day card using the new Color Layering Bouquet and some of their new Hybrid Inks as I wanted to see for myself if they stood up to the claims that Hero Arts is making.  The inks are a combination of pigment and dye - so they have the bold colour coverage and crispness you get with a pigment but with the drying time of a dye (so no good for embossing).  They do seem to live up to these claims although I think I should demo them with a bigger image really so you can see it better!


The stamped image is in 5 parts - the stem and the leaves were stamped in apple green, the large flowers and bow on the stems in tangerine and the filler flowers in dandelion.   I die cut panels using the Mama Elephant Basic die set using Lawn Fawn's fake tan card stock and used the Lawn Fawn Mother's Day Border die to cut the sentiment, snipping it into two to fit the card.

For my next two cards I did no stamping - just die cutting as I wanted to play with one of the new partial die cutting dies from Hero Arts and thought the most appropriate for today was the Paper Layering Mum Die.   This is a really cool die which adds instant wow effects to your cards.  It is designed to be cut from a full piece of card as in the example below...


...however if you wanted to take it a step further then it is very easy to snip between the outer petals to create a standalone bloom.


In both examples I used Lawn Fawn cardstock in the following shades for the blooms Sunflower   Chili Pepper and Nobel Fir  (much brighter than it looks online!) for the leaves and Black Licorice  for the die cut words.  The flower centres are some old gems I found in my bling drawer.

 


NEWS FROM THE STORE

We will have new arrivals next week from Lil' Inker Designs and Reverse Confetti.

We will also have the first of our new product ranges from the Trade Show - keeping that under wraps for now - but make sure you are signed up to the newsletter to hear it first!

We have also had samples of something exciting from the Trade Show that is super on-trend and we believe we've found a great product range so will be bringing that to you as soon as possible!

You'll find our newsletter sign up at the bottom of the store home page







3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    For the Great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.very well information you write it very clean. I’m very lucky to get this information from you .

    Hi,
    For the Great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.very well information you write it very clean. I’m very lucky to get this information from you .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team