Thursday 24 March 2016

Back-side Stamping To Stretch Your Stamps



Hi there and happy Thursday! It's Lydia here and I'm so happy you stopped by!

Today I'm sharing with you a card that is great for either guys or gals and is great for just sending as a quick 'I'm Thinking Of You' or even swap the sentiment out for a different sentiment.



As this is a one-layer card I have done all of my stamping onto my card base. To start I took the small plant from Altenew 'Succulents' and placed this onto my block 'the wrong way around' - by this I mean I attached it so the outline image (the image that you usually stamp) was stuck to the block so that I can stamp with the backside of the stamp giving me a solid image. This is not the way the stamp was intended to be used but this gives an awesome look and also stretches your stamps.



Once it was attached I inked up the backside of the stamp and stamped this all over my background using blue, green and yellow ink. I then stamped my sentiment from Altenew 'Label Love' in a bold black ink. As I didn't want to stamp over the sentiment I masked this off by stamping it again onto a sticky-note and cut around it leaving a little border before adding this to the top of the stamped sentiment on my card.



I then flipped the plant stamp over, attaching it in the normal way onto my block. I used black ink to ink up my image but stamped off the image first onto some scrap paper before  using the second generation ink left on the stamp to stamp over the coloured solid images created before.

Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you try out this technique to stretch out your stamps!

Hugs Lydia x


5 comments:

  1. Great idea and love how you've done the second generation stamping to get the effect x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card ! Thanks for sharing this great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! What a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and what a great idea. I need to try this out.
    Thanks for the inspiration. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team