Wednesday 1 May 2019

Lovely Legs Get Well Soon: Part 1

Hello there, Tallie here.

I'm celebrating the new to SHC brand, Colorado Craft Company, with a two-part post featuring the Lovely Legs Get Well Soon stamp set. This week I'm using watercolours and next week I'll be using my alcohol markers. These lovely legs stamps are perfect for practicing your colouring in any medium and create some simple but gorgeous cards!

I have two different cards for you today, though both started off with me stamping out the sofa scene from the Lovely Legs Get Well Soon stamp set onto some watercolour cardstock using some MFT Extreme Black Ink.

You may have seen from my last few cards that I'm trying to experiment and find my style with watercolours, so I tried out two different techniques for the cards. The first is more detailed, with me controlling the paint (or trying to!) more like I would with alcohol markers. The second is more lose, with me building up layers of washes to get the depth of colour.


I stuck to a simple, bright colour scheme to help cheer up a recipient that is feeling under the weather. When the paint was dry, I stamped out two different sentiments from the set above the scenes.


One I adhered directly to a card base, the other I used a Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle to cut out the panel and mount on a kraft card base.

Catch me next week for a different take on the scene with my alcohol markers.

Tallie


2 comments:

  1. Love these cards.
    I could see a subtle difference in the painting. Looking forward to seeing next week's cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cards.
    I could see a subtle difference in the painting. Looking forward to seeing next week's cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team