Thursday 23 May 2019

When the Waters Get Rough

Like Picasso, I'm in my "blue period" today with a little card full of layers of blue ready for when someone needs their spirits lifted.

I took the Lawn Fawn Smooth Sailing set as my starting point and then added a couple of other elements to build my scene.


The boat and the lighthouse from the stamp set were both stamped onto white card and then again on to several different colours of paper from my all time fave pad - Spiffy Speckles - so I could piece the images together.  The light in the lighthouse is the yellow in the pad but with some stickles on top - and the shape is courtesy of the mini sun die from Lil' Inker Designs which is the perfect fit for size.  I just cut off the 3 top and bottom rays to make it a light ray instead of a full sun.

I also used the same papers for the waves too which just simply die cut using Mama Elephant's Ocean Wave Trio.  They are really useful papers for backgrounds as the pattern is really subtle.

To add some mood to the inked sky background I added a darker inked circle of raindrops using MFT's Rainy Circle Die and a few clouds with inked bottoms to make them rainy using Avery Elle's Cityscape and Picket Fence Dies

Avery Elle also came to the rescue for something to sit the lighthouse on - their Rocky Shores die is perfect to finish the seascape off.  Just cut from a scrap of grey card.

One of the sentiments from the stamp set finishes off the card both on the front and on the inside.





Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team