Saturday 11 May 2019

Mother's Day Card



Hey stampers, Anni here!

Over here in Germany tomorrow is Mother's Day. Of course I wanted to make a card for my mom. And cards for my mom have to feature flowers. Concord & 9th's Fine Line Flowers were a perfect fit.



I started by stamping the flowers on a piece of watercolour cardstock with embossing ink and heat embossed it clear. I chose clear over white because watercolour cardstock is always off white and I thought the clear embossing powder would show that colour through.

For the colouring process I taped down the paper and coloured the flowers using watercolours. I kept it uneven to get a more artsy look.

I hadn't had a german Mother's Day sentiment in my stash. So I decided to create one on my own. My Favorite Things' Bottlecap Letters are my go-to alpha dies for sentiments on cards as I find they have just the right size. I die cut the letters for Mutter (german for mother) several times and stacked them up to achieve some dimension. I wanted to add a Zum (what means for) and Tag (day) in tiny letters. I decided to go with Mama Elephant's Lots Of Letters.


The whole sentiment I added to a stripe of vellum because I didn't want to cover too much of the flowers.
All there was left to do was to adhere the panel to a matching card base.

On which date is Mother's Day in your country? Let me know, I am curious. If it isn't in the near future you could add a different sentiment and the card would make a perfect birthday card.
Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.

Anni


3 comments:

  1. Ganz wunder-wunder-schön, Anni. Ich adoptier dich ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mothering Sunday here in the UK was at the end of March, but this card could be used for any occasion for anybody. The card is really beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I love the watercolor effect on them. Wow, thanks for sharing. Brenda West

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team