Saturday 21 September 2019

Happy Birthday with a Little Surprise

Hey stampers, Anni here!

It was the birthday of a special (crafty) friend of mine last week so I wanted to make a special card for her! Last year we were on the return journey from a trip and we had a lot of fun celebrating her birthday in the car. I wanted to make a card in memory of this day. Avery Elle's Birthday Bus is just perfect for that. I also wanted to add a little surprise with an interactive element in the card. But more about that later...



I started by stamping the bus on watercolour paper using Versafine Onyx Black Ink because it is water-resistant. For the colouring I used watercolour. To cut out the image there are coordinating dies available.

For the background I used Altenew's Bubble Wrap Stencil. I blended a warm grey ink over it and let it fade to the upper part of the panel.

The sentiment came from the Birthday Bus set, too. I stamped it with Versamark and heat embossed it in white on a stripe of pink cardstock.

But now let's get to the fun part: the surprise on the inside of the card! When you open it, this cute little box pops up.


This interactive part is very easy to create when you use Lawn Fawn's Mini Pop Up Box die. You can find a video about how to put the box together on Lawn Fawn's You Tube channel.

I decorated the box with a cute little cat and a bunny with a balloon from Avery Elle's Party Pals.

Hope you like my take on an interactive card!
Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni


         


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team