Friday 6 September 2019

To The Happy Couple Indian Saree Wedding Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Friday!

My brother is getting married tomorrow, eek! I still can't wrap my head around it - he's still a kid in my eyes!

I've got a busy weekend ahead with playing a role in the wedding and in helping with several things - but I couldn't let the occasion pass without making a card for the bride and groom! They're having a bit of an Indian-style wedding (we're not Indian but you certainly don't need to be to appreciate the beauty and extravagance of an Indian wedding!) so I set about creating a card fit for the occasion:


Stunning, right?! I'm so happy with how this turned out!


I started with the faux silk tissue paper technique, using some pink tissue paper and rubbing it with water soluble inkpads in shades of red, spritzing the tissue paper and crumpling it up, carefully flattening it out and drying it with my heat tool then repeating a few times. I also added a generous spritz of iridescent gold glimmer mist to bring out the glam!


I then set about creating the pattern on the 'silk', using a photo of the bride's outfit as a guide! I used the Hero Arts Holiday Foliage Bold Prints stamp, Hero Arts Hearts & Flowers Background stamp, Hero Arts Pear Strings Bold Prints Background stamp, and the SugarPea Designs Mandala stamp. I partially inked up the stamps with Versamark ink, stamped them to make my pattern then heat embossed the whole lot with gold embossing powder - stunning!


Once everything was heat embossed I adhered the decorated 'silk' to my card base, carrying on the design to the back of the card as well. I then adorned it with rhinestones, gold ribbon and gold pearls - it was fun dusting off these oldies and putting them to good use!


The sentiment is from the Altenew Cake Love stamp set. I stamped it with Versamark ink onto some gold cardstock, decided it was too pretty to heat emboss so left it as it is! I adhered it to my base using some dimensional glue gel, dotted some gold Stickles about the card and I was all done!


I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!





2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team