Sunday 15 September 2019

Mama E in the house!

It's Mama Elephant release day so the choice of what to blog was pretty obvious today, well actually it was really hard to decide on what to play with first as its a KILLER release and I love it ALL!

I really love the Wild Meadow border stamp so the new Pine and Posy version for Christmas was right at the top of my list and I went with one of the posies for my first card.


I stamped and coloured with pencils and cut with the co-ordinating die cut before adding a bit of gold glitter to the centre.   The circular frame is cut from Altenew paper using a Lawn Fawn Circular Frame Die.   The sentiment comes from Lovely Legs Holiday Tree stamped in Rain Forest Clair ink.


Next came the little penguins - I just selected a few and stamped and fussy cut them as I was going to stack them so didn't want the white space from the die cut.  However, in the end I couldn't get the stack to match the warm fuzzy hugs word die how I wanted, so I just decided to make that their playground and have them swooping down and jumping off it.



I also wanted to build the little guys big brother - the Favor Bag Penguin Accessorie Die and I wanted him full on bling!  So I die cut him from Pixie Dust Card and used a black inkpad to colour the black bits in so there was no wasted card.  I mounted him onto a background of blue card using Avery Elle's Snow Scene Die  using icicle stickles in the holes for some extra snowy shimmer.  I gave him some gifts to bring to the party using Wplus9's Holiday Presents Die and added a twine trim to his hat to tie the colours together.  Finishing with a sentiment taken from the Penguins Waddle Die - I love that this is one die cut - makes it really fast to use!


Hope you love the new release as much as I do - it is selling fast already so it seems you do!





NEWS FROM THE STORE

We have lots of stock that's just arrived but isn't yet in store - it takes a good while to process boxes, open it all, weigh it for postage calculations, and then add the photos and descriptions and all the other info to the store.  We're working on it as fast as we can - so AT SOME POINT THIS WEEK WE HOPE THE FOLLOWING WILL BE LIVE IN STORE:

  • The latest release from Altenew
  • The latest release from Reverse Confetti
  • The August kit-add-ons from Hero Arts
  • Some fun new wooden products to help turn your stamping into gifts

The following are in transit and we hope to get them this week

  • The new release from Flora and Fauna plus the rest of the releases from this year that we missed - we're giving this brand another shot at space in the store as lots of you asked for it - if sales improve then we'll keep it there.
  • The latest release from Sugar Pea Designs
  •  The latest release from Stamping Bella is on order and releases on Thursday but we have not yet had a shipping confirmation so we're unsure if it will be here this week or next.

Right - stuff to do - catch you next weekend!

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team