Saturday 7 September 2019

Hello Marie

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Today I have a baby card for you! I never make baby cards in advance but make one when a baby is bon- This way I can put the baby's name on the card!


A crafty friend of mine recently got a girl called Marie. Not long ago I bought Concord & 9th's Simple Serif Alphabet dies. I love the font and the size of this alphabet and was happy to have an opportunity to use it.

The name was the starting point of my card and I die cut the letters several times and stacked them up. For the upper layer I used a light pink but for the other layers I went for a darker pink.

Mama Elephant's Little Panda Agenda was a perfect match for the letters as they have just the right seize to dance around the word. So I stamped three of them, added a little bit of colouring with alcohol markers and cut them out. There are coordinating dies available.
I also stamped a Hello I found in Newton's Nook's Winged Wishes and heat embossed it in white on a scrap of pink cardstock. I fussy cut the sentiment.


For the background I cut down a piece of watercolor cardstock to a rectangle. I added some inkblending through Newton's Nook Cloudy sky stencil in various shades of pink and coral but only to the edge of the rectangle. After finishing the ink blending I spritzed some water onto the panel.

All there was left to do was to assemble the card and add some sequins as a finishing touch.

Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful day!
Anni


         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team