Monday 15 July 2019

Hooray, Yippee!


I have a happy card for you today that features some simple colouring and those 
lovely large alpha dies from MFT as the focal point....


I'm a sucker for an alphabet whether it be stamps or dies, but these 
good sized Impact Alphabet dies from MFT are a great size for 
cardmaking and will also be useful in sewing projects too 😉

One way I like to use them is to replace part of a sentiment and add 
images to decorate and accent the word. These rather excitable, 
happy peeps from Waffleflowers Yippee set were just the thing.

I started by cutting a few of each letter in thin, cheap cardstock and then 
used better quality grey card for the top layer. I arranged the letters in a 
wavy curve layout and added the boys and girls which I have 
coloured with Copics and cut out with the matching dies.


I made a rough cut mask out of copy paper where the letters would lay and then 
used a stencil to add stripes in similar colours to the Copics I'd used. 
All I had to do then was adhere all the letters and images....


I used a Hooray stamp from an Avery Elle set because it fitted the space 
better then added some glittery stars to match the shimmery alpha dies...
 not picked up by the camera 😞 

  
 

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team