Wednesday 31 July 2019

A Herd of Birthday Bunnies

Hello, crafters! Tallie here today with a cute little bunny birthday celebration! This uses three different sets - Starry Scene, We Herd and Essential Sentiments - from three different companies - Avery Elle, Waffle Flower and My Favorite Things. It's such a great and simple design that you can customise both colour-wise and scene-wise to your tastes.


I started out by stamping the Starry Scene background onto an A6 card panel with some Distress Oxide inks in Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon and Faded Jeans. Here's a tip: to get a smooth transition between the colours, after inking up the portion of the stamp use an ink blending foam to blur the lines. This worked wonderfully on the Distress Oxides! I set these aside to dry to work on the foreground.


I stamped out the group of bunnies and balloons from the We Herd set in some MFT Extreme Black ink. I coloured these with my alcohol markers, sticking to cool greys and contrasting reds and oranges. I cut these out with the coordinating dies.


I white heat embossed the 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' sentiment from the Essential Sentiments set onto some black card stock and die cut it with a Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiment Banner die.

Using some foam tape, I popped up the pieces over the background panel. I added some of the balloon strings with a black pen and a little bit of Wink of Stella to to add some sparkle to the balloons.

A cute little birthday card scene!

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie

  



1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team