Saturday 13 July 2019

Set of Birthday Cards

Hey stampers, Anni here! 

Birthday cards are the cards I send out the most. So I am always short on them. I decided to make a set of simple birthday cards with My Favorite Things’ Diagonal Design. That is an amazing background stamp that unfortunately will be retired. It is on sale right now so run and grab one as long they are available.


I started by stamping the background on four pieces of watercolour cardstock. On two I stamped with Versamark and heat embossed the background in white and on the other two I stamped with a black pigment ink and heat embossed the pattern with a clear embossing powder.

To colour up the backgrounds I used (very old) ink sprays I found in my stash. But you could also use ink pads or watercolours. I sprayed the backgrounds heavily with the ink and water. I inked up the white one in a warm and the black ones with a cool colour scheme. 


While the background panels dried I worked on the sentiments. I went through my stash and looked for big sentiment dies. The ones I chose were Altenew’s Script Words 3, My Favorite Things’ Celebrate and Neat & Tangled’s Hooray Word Die.

For one of the cards I just chose a Happy Birthday from Lawn Fawn’s Happy Happy Happy and heat embossed it in white on black cardstock. 


To make the word die cut stand out more I added also a layer of vellum to most of the cards. The Hooray word die comes with a shadow, so no need to add a extra rectangle.

I also added a sentiment to go with the die cut. Mama Elephant’s Birthday Messages is just the perfect sampler for this need.


For the finishing touch I added some sequins to the cards in various colours.

So you see: fast and easy and I can add four birthday cards to much stash.
Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.

Anni


               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team