Thursday 25 July 2019

Simple cards with MFT Plentiful Petals set.

Hello everyone.
 I'm back with 3 simple cards, featuring older, " Plentiful Petals" stamp set from MFT.

Summer is in full swing and I decided to share a few quick card ideas, that takes little time to make and are full of colour.
For all of my examples, I've mostly used MFT dye inks to create the backgrounds, I also decided to do simple repetitive stamping, using different size flowers from Plentiful Petals set.
 The florals in this particular set are solid images, that you can stamp together to create different looking flowers. I really like how quick and easy it is to fill the card panel with these. 
I must mention that the Altenew alphabet dies used here is unfortunately out of stock, and it will be back in store soon, but as an alternative option, I definitely recommend the Concord &9th Simple Serif Alphabet dies, which are very similar in style.
 I heat embossed my alphabet dies several times, using sparkle embossing powder and embossing ink for additional dimension.
All the little sentiments are from Avery Elle Simple Sentiments stamp set.   



For this card, I decided to use MFT Daffodil dye ink for my stamping. I also added centres to  all the florals with dark grey ink. I like that my little sentiment matches the colour of the petals and do not distract from this very cheerful background.  To achieve that, I used the direct-to-paper method to ink up the sentiment strip before I added my greeting to it.

I love how soft and elegant this background is. I used Manatee dye ink from Lawn Fawn and second generation stamping for even lighter results. For flower centres and sentiment strip, I went with MFT Peach Bellini dye ink. 

Last but not least, is this super fun rainbow card. I used the whole bunch of colours here - starting from MFT Poppy Red, though Daffodil, LimeLight and Summer Splash, finishing with Lawn Fawn Sugar Plum, which is very pretty violet.
Simple white sentiment strip and bold alphabet dies are really standing out from this busy background.

After all my card panels were complete, I cut them to be about 1/2 inch smaller than my card base.  I used craft foam and double-sided tape to adhere everything in place and added details with nuvo drops. 

That's it for today. Thank you for stopping here with me. Hopefully, I've inspired you to make a few simple cards this summer. 
See you soon! Anna









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team