Wednesday 3 July 2019

Monster Hugs and Kisses

Hello, Tallie here. Hope you're enjoying the sunny weather!

I had three requirements for today's card: 1) bright colours, 2) can be sent to a boy or a girl, and 3) it had to use the Concord & 9th Monster Love set. This one's been sitting in my stash for a little while and it's too cute to stay there!

I started out by stamping the little furry guy and two balloons onto some blending cardstock with some MFT Extreme black ink. I then coloured him in with my alcohol markers, using lots of tiny strokes to give the fur effect. I stuck to bright colours and cut them out with the coordinating dies when finished.


I chose a simple background of green cardstock and used a strip of my pre-stamped background paper I mentioned a couple of weeks ago to ground the little guy. A sentiment strip from the Mama Elephant Birthday Messages set and a marker for to add some balloon strings finishes off the card nicely.


The design is simple and flexible so I made a bunch of different designs to bulk up my birthday card stash!

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team